- Following rumors that began last winter, Tom Hanks is now in negotiations to be cast in Disney’s live-action retelling of Pinocchio.
- Hanks was considered for the part of Geppetto, the woodcarver who wishes for a child, back when the film was being helmed by director Paul King.
- Robert Zemeckis reportedly received a call from Tom Hanks saying he loves the new script and wants the part.
- The new screenplay is a collaboration between Zemeckis and Chris Weitz, who will also serve as a producer.
- Tom Hanks and Robert Zemeckis have a long history of collaborating together on films that include Forest Gump, Cast Away, and The Polar Express.
- Robert Zemeckis’ past Disney credits include directing Who Framed Roger Rabbit and A Christmas Carol.