The recent Doc McStuffins special “The Doc Is In,” which debuted just yesterday on Disney Junior, is now available on the Disney Junior YouTube page.
- Staying true to Doc McStuffins’ themes of health and wellness, a new special, The Doc Is In, premiered on Friday, December 4th on Disney Junior.
- The special features the beloved animated icon (Doc McStuffins) interacting with real kids, families and medical professionals about healthy habits.
- “The Doc Is In” coincides with National Handwashing Awareness Week.
- Set to some of the series’ iconic songs, the special includes appearances by real medical professionals:
- Dr. Myiesha Taylor, MD, founder of the Artemis Medical Society and the “We Are Doc McStuffins” movement
- Mark Lee, RN, who provides tips to preschoolers about ways to prevent spreading germs
More Doc McStuffins and Good Health Practices:
- Disney Junior and Doc McStuffins also recently joined forces with the World Health Organization to amplify the message of thorough hand washing as a way to prevent the spread of germs and disease with a PSA, which was released on Global Handwashing Day (October 15).
About the Series:
- Doc McStuffins premiered in March 2012 and since then has become one of the most beloved preschool television properties of all time.
- It tells the story of a young girl who aspires to be a doctor like her mom and communicates with and heals broken toys and stuffed animals. Through Doc and her toy friends, the series models compassion and good health for kids age 2-7 and has been lauded by parents, educators, and healthcare professionals around the world for having a lasting impact on how children see themselves and their future.
- Doc McStuffins was created by Chris Nee.
- The Hollywood Health & Society division of the USC Annenberg Norman Lear Center serves as the series’ health and medical consultants.