Last year, award-winning writer Gene Luen Yang and rising star artist Dike Ruan transformed the Shang-Chi mythos in a critically-acclaimed new series. Today, Marvel Comics has announced that the incredible team will continue their bold work on the character this May in a new ongoing series. SHANG-CHI #1 will kick off a surprising new journey for Marvel’s greatest fighter as he finds himself on the opposite side of Marvel’s heroes.
- After the events of his latest series, Shang-Chi has finally taken his place as the leader of the Five Weapons Society but using an evil secret organization as a force for good won’t be easy.
- And it’s about to get a lot harder when Shang-Chi’s fellow super heroes from Spider-Man to the X-Men to the Avengers, start to question his motives!
- Don’t miss what happens when Shang-Chi and his newfound family of warriors collide with the Marvel Universe’s biggest heroes!
- Through their expansive world-building in their previous series, Yang and Ruan have successfully modernized Shang-Chi for a new age.
- Watch out for the next revolutionary story in his saga when SHANG-CHI #1 hits stands in May.
What they’re saying:
- Writer Gene Luen Yang: “I'm very, very thankful for all the support that we got for the Shang-Chi miniseries. I mean, the first two issues sold out. I'm thrilled that we get to continue the story of Shang-Chi and his siblings in the Five Weapons Society. We're going to show how Shang-Chi's brand-new role affects the rest of the Marvel Universe. We'll have him interact with old friends and new foes… and even old friends who become new foes. Dike Ruan and I are already hard at work. The stuff I've seen from Dike so far has been his best yet.”
For more news on the latest happenings in Marvel Comics, check out “Marvel Time,” Wednesdays at 1 PM PT.