During The Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting of Shareholders, CEO Bob Chapek fielded several questions about the future of The Disney College Program, revealing that they will look into extending the eligibility requirements for students who graduated during the program’s closure.
- Disney CEO Bob Chapek was asked several questions about The Disney College Program during today’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders.
- When asked about a date the program will resume, he shared that they currently don’t have any information regarding when the program can resume, but that they’re hoping to have it back in place by the end of 2021.
- Another question during the Q&A asked about an extension to the requirements of the program.
- The Disney College Program doesn’t have an age limit, but participants must be either a current student or have graduated within the past year.
- Bob Chapek said extending that eligibility criteria is an excellent suggestion, revealing that while they hadn’t discussed it yet, they will look into it and make an announcement.
- Disney abruptly paused the Disney College Program last March ahead of the theme parks closing.