Mckenna Grace will be joining the upcoming Disney+ film Crater.
- Deadline has reported that the Disney+ film Crater will star McKenna Grace who will play one of the friends of the lead who grows up on a lunar mining colony.
- Grace has had numerous roles in her career from playing a young Carol Danvers in the Marvel movie Captain Marvel to being on Disney Junior’s Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures, Disney Channel’s Elena of Avalor, ABC’s Once Upon a Time, and Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale.
- The plot of the film takes place in the future and tells the coming-of-age story of a boy growing up in a lunar mining colony who explores a mysterious crater with his four best friends.
- The project was previously in development by 20th Century Studios prior to the Disney acquisition with Shawn Levy originally eyeing the director chair, now taking a producer role along with Dan Levine through their 21 Laps Entertainment company.
- Shawn Levy was the director of multiple 20th Century Studios projects including the Night at the Museum franchise and the upcoming film Free Guy.
- Kyle Patrick Alvarez has been hired to direct.