Jane Lynch has reportedly been cast alongside Nicole Richie and Amy Woodward for a new multi-camera comedy series pilot for ABC, Bucktown, according to Variety.
- Jane Lynch (Wreck-It Ralph, Ralph Breaks The Internet) has reportedly been cast in a new ABC comedy pilot, Bucktown, where she will join Shannon Woodward (Westworld, Raising Hope) and Nicole Richie.
- Bucktown will follow Amy (Woodward) who after being dumped by her boyfriend and kicked out of her apartment on the eve of her big promotion, finds refuge at her mom’s (Jane Lynch’s new role) house in the blue-collar neighborhood where she grew up. Amy reconnects with her teenage niece, living there due to Amy’s sister’s latest rehab stint, and resolves to stay when she realizes that her mom and niece aren’t quite equipped to go it alone.
- Lynch will play the aforementioned mother of the lead character Amy, Helen, who is described as rough around the edges and “salty as hell,” but the most loyal woman you’ll ever meet.
- Lynch is a 12-time Emmy nominee, have won awards for her performances on Glee, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Hollywood Game Night. She has also appeared in countless other television series and feature films like Role Models, Best in Show, and A Mighty Wind.
- Disney Animation fans will immediately recognize her as the voice of Calhoun in Wreck-It Ralph and its sequel, Ralph Breaks The Internet, where she plays a no-nonsense military figure in the fictional videogame, “Hero’s Duty,”
- Bucktown is written and executive produced by Emily Wilson. Sara Gilbert and Tom Werner of The Conners will also executive produce the pilot along with Marc Provissiero and Mandy Summers. Betsy Thomas is set to executive produce and direct the pilot. ABC Signature will serve as the studio.