- Deadline is reporting that Disney+ has ordered a 10-episode series based on National Treasure, the Jerry Bruckheimer film series starring Nicolas Cage.
- The series will follow a new character named Jess Morales who is on a quest to uncover her own family history.
- The character description of Jess Morales reveals that she is a 20-year-old DREAMer in search of her own identity, community, historical authorship and patriotism.
- The series description also promises that she will have a diverse group of friends who join her adventure, inspired by Benjamin Gates, Nicolas Cage’s character in the original film.
- The Disney+ series does not negate development of the third film in the series, which is still being written by Chris Bremner.
- The TV series is being written by Marianne and Cormac Wibberley, who worked on the first two films and will also serve as executive producers.
- Mira Nair (Queen of Katwe) has been hired to direct the series.