Pixar fans should make haste to the famous El Capitan theater in Hollywood, as the legendary showplace will be featuring Pixar’s Soul on the big screen for a limited time.
- A tweet from the legendary El Capitan theater in Hollywood, CA has announced that the award-winning film from Pixar Animation Studios, Soul, is heading to the big screen at the El Capitan theater for a limited time.
- From Monday, March 29 – Thursday, April 1st at 12:30PM, theatergoers can witness the adventures of Joe Gardner in the Great Before and back on Earth.
- What is it that makes you…YOU? Pixar Animation Studios’ feature film Soul introduces Joe Gardner (Jamie Foxx) – a middle-school band teacher who gets the chance of a lifetime to play at the best jazz club in town. But one small misstep takes him from the streets of New York City to The Great Before – a fantastical place where new souls get their personalities, quirks and interests before they go to Earth. Determined to return to his life, Joe teams up with a precocious soul, 22 (Tina Fey), who has never understood the appeal of the human experience. As Joe desperately tries to show 22 what’s great about living, he may just discover the answers to some of life’s most important questions.
- Soul originally debuted on Christmas Day 2020 on Disney+, skipping the traditional theatrical release due to the global pandemic, after being delayed from an original release date scheduled for June of 2020. The film has already won a Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature, and many fans are hoping for a chance to watch Soul on a big screen. Luckily, though only for a limited time, The El Capitan is providing that opportunity.
- Pixar has also recently announced that their next film, Luca, will also be going straight to Disney+ in June, forgoing a theatrical release at this time.
- If you can’t make it to the El Capitan theater, The 4K Ultra HD Blu Ray is available now, and the film is available on Disney+.