- Deadline has reported that Michael Showalter will direct multiple episodes along with executive producing the series.
- Showalter is known for directing the film The Big Sick and a co-creator on HBO Max’s Search Party.
- Yesterday it was reported that Naveen Andrews had joined the cast of the show. He will be playing the role of Sunny Balwani, Elizabeth Holmes’ business partner and secret boyfriend.
About The Dropout:
- The Dropout is a Hulu limited series inspired by the ABC News podcast on the rise and fall of Elizabeth Holmes and her company, Theranos. Holmes was said to be the next Steve Jobs until she found herself facing criminal charges when technology meant to revolutionize healthcare didn’t work and put patients at risk.
- The series is set to be executive produced by the podcast’s host/creator Rebecca Jarvis and producers Taylor Dunn and Victoria Thompson.
About Elizabeth Holmes:
- “Holmes, a chemical engineering prodigy, dropped out of Stanford to launch a healthcare technology company promising to revolutionize blood testing, which became Theranos. The high-flying tech startup was eventually exposed as ‘massive fraud,’ and last year, a federal grand jury indicted Holmes and former Theranos chief operating officer on nine counts of wire fraud and two counts of conspiracy to commit wire fraud for distributing blood tests with falsified results to consumers.”