Disney+ has revealed three U.K. scripted shows coming to the service — The Ballad of Renegade Nell, Culprits, and Extraordinary.
- News comes from Variety that Disney+ released details on three U.K. scripted shows coming to the service including one Disney-branding project.
- This will bring European originals for Disney+ to 14, with the plan to create 50 productions in Europe by 2024.
- The slate will be executive produced on behalf of Disney by Johanna Devereaux, Director of Scripted.
- The news follows earlier reports of Save Our Squad being in the works over at Disney+, which will have David Beckham mentor a young team struggling to survive in the league.
The original production details are listed below:
The Ballad of Renegade Nell
- “When she’s framed for murder, Nell Jackson is forced into a life of highway robbery, along with her two orphaned sisters Roxanne and George. Aided by a plucky little spirit called Billy Blind, Nell realizes that fate has put her on the wrong side of the law for a reason, a reason much bigger than she could’ve ever imagined — a reason that goes right up to Queen Anne and beyond, to the struggle for power raging across the battlefields of Europe.”
- The project is executive produced by Sally Wainwright, Faith Penhale and Will Johnston from BBC Studios-backed Lookout Point.
- “Culprits follows what happens after a heist, when the crew have gone their separate ways, but are being targeted by a killer one-by-one.”
- Created and directed by Blakeson, the series is executive produced by Garrett and produced by Morenike Williams (Killing Eve). Culprits is a Character 7 production.
- “A Star Original comedy series from new talent Emma Moran. The show follows Jen, a young, self-aware woman who lives in a world where everyone has a superpower — except her. From BAFTA, Golden Globe, Emmy and Peabody Award-winning production company Sid Gentle Films, the comedy is about being young and finding your feet in a confusing world, when all you’ll ever be is ‘ordinary.’”
- Extraordinary is executive produced by Woodward Gentle, Lee Morris (Killing Eve) and Charles Dawson, and created by Moran.