Disney announced that Lindsey Kasabian has been named Senior Vice President of Casting for Freeform effective immediately.
- The announcement came today from Sharon Klein, executive vice president of Casting, Walt Disney Television, that Lindsey Kasabian will take over as senior vice president of Casting for Disney’s Freeform network.
- Kasabian will work with Freeform president Tara Duncan as head of casting to identify and help select talent for series and pilots.
- Kasabian started at the former 20th Century Fox Television in fall 2006 as an assistant in the casting department and had recently led casting efforts of the former Touchstone Television (formerly Fox 21 Television Studios) which folded into 20th Television.
- She oversaw the casting of FX’s Pose, Nat Geo’s Genius, and Hulu’s Dopesick. Her first collaboration with Freeform was for the pilot of Single Drunk Female which was picked up to series.
What They’re Saying:
- Sharon Klein, EVP of Casting, Walt Disney Television: “Lindsey is a gifted executive who has distinguished herself as someone producers and executives trust, and Tara and I knew she was just the right person to help lead Freeform’s casting going forward. She is a champion of actors and, not only finds exactly the person the producers are looking for, she’ll bring in the person producers didn’t even know they were looking for and end up falling in love with on sight, which is the test of a truly creative casting executive.”
- Lindsey Kasabian, SVP of Casting, Freeform: “I’ve been so impressed with Tara’s vision for Freeform, so the chance to be a part of it was incredibly exciting. There is an energy to the network of risk-taking and enthusiasm that is palpable and invigorating. I am so grateful to my longtime mentor, Sharon Klein, for this opportunity and to Tara for inviting me to join her on this ride.”