The 2021 espnW Summit NYC will be offered as a virtual event this spring with coverage spanning several of ESPN’s social media platforms. Guests will enjoy special panels and conversations including a chat with Raya and the Last Dragon screenwriter and producer, a virtual podcast episode and so much more.
- The espnW Summit NYC presented by Toyota will be held Thursday, May 13th as a virtual event streaming live across:
- ESPN App
- The one-day event will convene a compelling group of athletes, executives and agents of change for in-depth discussions at the intersection of sports, business, and culture.
- As with all espnW Summits, movement and wellness will be woven into the virtual experience.
- The espnW Summit NYC will run from 2 – 6 pm ET and registration is free at nyc.espnwsummit.com.
- Interviews, photos and additional content will be posted to espnW.com throughout the Summit.
Host and Speakers:
- espnW Columnist and ESPN Radio host Sarah Spain will once again serve as event host.
- She’ll be joined by ESPN talent including:
- Julie Foudy
- Elle Duncan
- Mina Kimes
- Chiney Ogwumike
- LaChina Robinson
Featured Events and Panels:
- Women at the Helm: Raya and the Last Dragon featuring screenwriter Adele Lim, producer Osnat Shurer; moderated by Sarah Spain.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Leadership Doesn’t Have a Look featuring Head Coach Bruce Arians; Co-owner Darcie Glazer Kassewitz, Assistant Defensive Line Coach Lori Locust, and Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach Maral Javadifar; moderated by Mina Kimes.
- A Virtual episode of the hit podcast Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy with guest UFC Double Champion Amanda Nunes.
- World-Class Athlete Conversation featuring Paralympic medalist, veteran and Purple Heart recipient Melissa Stockwell; moderated by Sarah Spain.
- Sports x Social Justice: Creating Authentic Platforms for Change featuring Jamil Northcutt, Ph. D., Major League Soccer; Bethany Donaphin, Women’s National Basketball Association; Anna Isaacson, National Football League; and Danielle Lee, National Basketball Association; moderated by Elle Duncan.
- ESPN Films’ 144: A Conversation About the 2020 WNBA Season Inside the Bubble, Presented by Google featuring executive producer Chiney Ogwumike and LaChina Robinson.