It has been reported that a man was bitten by a shark near Disney’s Vero Beach Resort on Thursday.
- ABC 25 WPBF has reported that a man was bitten by a shark near Disney’s Vero Beach Resort on Thursday, April 29.
- The Indian River County Sheriff’s Office states that the 54-year-old man was stable and alert after being bitten in the leg.
- At this time, details are not known about the type of shark involved in the attack.
Other News from Vero Beach:
- Disney announced that the Tiger Lily Wet Play Area at Disney's Vero Beach Resort will be closed for refurbishment from September 7 through November 2021. During the refurbishment, the Vero Beach Feature Pool and Pirate's Plunge Pool Slide will remain open for Guests.
About Vero Beach:
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort is located about two hours southeast of the Walt Disney World Resort on Florida’s Atlantic Treasure Coast.
- Back in June 2020, Vero Beach Resort reopened following the closure due to the pandemic. You can check out photos of the safety measures and more here.