New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has announced that Broadway and other locations will have capacity restrictions lifted starting May 19, 2021.
- This afternoon, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that capacity restrictions will be lifted for many locations including Broadway.
- As reported by Deadline, Broadway reopening in May will remain unlikely due to logistics, but a date has now been set that live shows can return when ready.
- The Broadway shutdown started on March 12, 2020, during the start of the pandemic.
- Cuomo says in the video, “Broadway for example has a schedule. They have to produce a play before they can sell the play, so there is a schedule for them, but from a capacity point of view, they can all reopen on May 19.”
- Disney on Broadway has not made any announcements at this time of returning shows, but we can expect to hear from them soon.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disney travel planning