SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. has announced that Marc Swanson will become the company’s next Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and Elizabeth Castro Gulacsy has been named Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Treasurer.
- SeaWorld’s Interim CEO Marc Swanson has been appointed as the next Chief Executive Officer, and Elizabeth Castro Gulacsy will become the company’s Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer. These changes are effective immediately as approved by SeaWorld's Board of Directors.
- Swanson has been with the company for over 20 years, holding a number of leadership positions including CFO and Treasurer.
- Gulacsy previously served as the interim CFO and Treasurer, being with the company for eight years.
What They’re Saying:
- Marc Swanson, Chief Executive Officer, SeaWorld: "The past year has been a unique and extraordinary period for our Company, our industry, and the world. The capabilities of our management team combined with the complementary expertise of our Board allowed us to make the innovative and necessary decisions to address an unthinkable and unprecedented reality. Today, we have even more confidence in our long-term strategy, and I look forward to continue working with our dedicated team and Board to drive long-term value for all stakeholders."
- Elizabeth Castro Gulacsy, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, SeaWorld: "We have worked hard over the last few years, including prior to and during the pandemic, to position this company for a significant improvement in profitability. Our financial position is strong, our strategies are working, our execution is improving, and I look forward to continue working with our management team and Board to fully capitalize on the significant opportunities ahead."
- Scott Ross, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Managing Partner of Hill Path Capital: "After careful consideration and working closely with Marc and Elizabeth in their interim roles over the past year, the Board of Directors is confident they are the right leaders for SeaWorld as we emerge from this pandemic and continue executing on our long-term strategic plan. Over the past year, Marc and Elizabeth, alongside the Board, have continued to execute on the strategic initiatives we have been working on over the past several years and have taken the necessary decisive actions to position the Company for long-term success. We look forward to their continued leadership as we work together to emerge a stronger and more efficient company and realize the full, long term potential of this great company and its irreplaceable assets and brands."