To help alleviate pinch points and crowding, Disneyland Park will be testing a virtual queue system at one of their most popular attractions, the Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 11, Disneyland Park will be testing the virtual queue system for the popular Indiana Jones Adventure as one way to potentially manage capacity for this attraction’s queue and alleviate pinch points in front of the attraction, as a result of the current state theme park guidelines related to COVID-19.
- Disneyland states that the virtual queue system at Indiana Jones Adventure is a temporary measure.
- Guests may have the opportunity to test out the virtual queue for Indiana Jones Adventure via the Disneyland app, subject to availability.
- Originally opened in 1995, the Indiana Jones Adventure has been a fan-favorite since the day it premiered, garnering lengthy waits that last multiple hours at a time. The popular attraction is located near Tarzan’s Treehouse, Bengal Barbecue, and on approach to Pirates of The Carribean, making its location a particularly troublesome spot for crowding, which the use of a virtual queue hopes to aid with in the new era of social distancing.
- Since this is a test, standby and virtual queue times may vary. Most days, the park anticipates a hybrid system of both virtual queue and standby queues that will be utilized.
- Guests interested in experiencing the attraction should check the Disneyland app for standby and virtual queue status daily.
- On the Disneyland app, Guests can check the attraction listing to learn if current attraction access is via virtual queue or standby line.
- Interested Guests must have already entered Disneyland Park, and will be able to enter a boarding group for both Indiana Jones Adventure and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, subject to availability. They do not have to choose between either experience. Joining a virtual queue does not guarantee access to any experience and guests may only enter a virtual queue once per day for each attraction.