ABC has cancelled a slate of shows that includes For Life, Rebel, American Housewife and Mixed-ish according to TV Line.
- The news of these cancellations comes after we learned earlier today that the network has cancelled the new comedy Call You Mother after just one season.
About For Life:
- For Life debuted in 2020 and wrapped up its second season earlier this year.
- “For Life is a fictional serialized legal and family drama about an imprisoned man, Aaron Wallace, who becomes a lawyer litigating cases for other inmates while fighting to overturn his own life sentence for a crime he didn’t commit. His quest for freedom is driven by his desperate desire to get back to the family he loves – his estranged wife and daughter – and reclaim the life that was stolen from him. For Life also examines the flaws and challenges in our penal and legal systems.”
- Rebel debuted earlier this year and is still in the middle of its first season.
- “Inspired by the life of Erin Brockovich today, Annie Rebel Bello is a blue-collar legal advocate without a law degree. She’s a funny, messy, brilliant and fearless woman who cares desperately about the causes she fights for and the people she loves. When Rebel applies herself to a fight she believes in, she will win at almost any cost.”
About American Housewife:
- American Housewife debuted in 2016 and wrapped up its fifth season in March.
- “American Housewife follows Katie Otto, a confident, unapologetic wife and mother of three, raising her flawed family in the wealthy town of Westport, Connecticut, filled with perfect mommies and their perfect offspring. Joining Katie in her perfectly imperfect world is her husband, Greg Otto, who supports her in every way possible but with a dash of reality thrown in as they work to ensure their children don’t end up like everyone else. Despite her flaws and unconventional ways, Katie ultimately only wants the best for her kids and will fight tooth and nail to instill some good old-fashioned values in them.”
- Mixed-ish debuted in 2019 and will wrap up its second season next week.
- “From the creators of Black-ish, Mixed-ish follows the beloved Rainbow Johnson as she recounts her experience growing up in a mixed-race family in the ’80s and the dilemmas they face to acclimate in the suburbs while staying true to themselves. As her parents struggle with the challenges of their new life outside of the hippie commune, Bow and her siblings navigate a world where they are perceived as neither black nor white. This family’s experiences illuminate the challenges of finding one’s own identity when the rest of the world can’t decide where you belong.”
- ABC also announced the renewal of several shows today, including The Rookie, The Conners, The Goldbergs and more.