Scott Mescudi (Kid Cudi) has reportedly joined the Disney+ film Crater.
- Deadline has reported that Scott Mescudi will be joining the cast of the upcoming Disney+ sci-fi adventure film Crater.
- Mescudi will be joined by Mckenna Grace, Isaiah Russell-Bailey, Orson Hong, Billy Barratt, and Thomas Boyce.
- Mescudi will play Russell-Bailey’s dad in the film, which tells a coming-of-age story about a boy growing up in a lunar mining colony.
- The film is scheduled to start shooting in the spring.
- The plot of the film takes place in the future and tells the coming-of-age story of a boy growing up in a lunar mining colony who explores a mysterious crater with his four best friends.
- The project was previously in development by 20th Century Studios prior to the Disney acquisition with Shawn Levy originally eyeing the director chair, now taking a producer role along with Dan Levine through their 21 Laps Entertainment company.
- Shawn Levy was the director of multiple 20th Century Studios projects including the Night at the Museum franchise and the upcoming film Free Guy.
- Kyle Patrick Alvarez has been hired to direct.