Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH just announced a wage increase for 2021 seasonal and part-time employees to $20 per hour.
- No company is immune to the labor crunch and Cedar Point, the flagship park of Cedar Fair, is hoping to attract new seasonal and part-time employees.
- The company took to Twitter today to announce that the hourly rate for summer 2021 has increased to $20, a 100% increase from wages last summer.
- The post specifies that the wage increase is for part-time and seasonal employees, making a separate statement about how full-time, year-round employees receive benefits (which aren’t typically extended by companies to part-time or seasonal employees).
- In addition to the hourly wage increase, Cedar Point offers a $500 sign-on bonus for new seasonal employees.
- Because of the labor shortage, Cedar Point has also announced that the theme park and water park, Cedar Point Shores, will be closed on select days in June. Guests who made reservations to visit on the days affected will be contacted to discuss alternative options.
- According to the calendar on CedarPoint.com, the parks will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from June 1st through 23rd.
- The wage increase and change in operating hours is only for Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH and does not apply to all Cedar Fair parks, which include destinations like Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA and Dorney Park in Allentown, PA.
PARK UPDATE: Guests who have booked an overnight stay or have made ticket or Season Pass park reservations will be contacted directly with further information. pic.twitter.com/uufRVfVkeu
— Cedar Point (@cedarpoint) May 21, 2021