Stand-up comedian Jo Koy is set to star in a new ABC comedy series titled Josep, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- The new ABC comedy project is currently under development.
- Koy, an American-Filipino comic, will star in Josep, which is being described as:
- “A single-cam comedy following Josep (Jo Koy), a hard-working nurse trying to navigate dating, fatherhood, and the hilarious complications caused by his strong-willed Filipino mother moving in with him.”
- The new series comes from 20th Television with Steve Joe set as the showrunner.
- Randall Park, Michael Golamco, Jake Kasdan and Melvin Mar will all serve as executive producers.
- Kasdan and Mar have previously teamed up to produce ABC’s Fresh Off the Boat, Speechless and Bless This Mess.
- Koy won the 2018 Stand-Up Comedian Of The Year award at the Just For Laughs Comedy Festival in Montreal and recently published his autobiography, Mixed Plate: Chronicles of an All-American Combo.