“There will be an island—not the first, but the last…” Destiny’s foreboding words have stuck with Mystique—and fans—since the very beginning of the age of Krakoa. Now, a day of reckoning is upon mutantkind’s leaders, and the shocking payoff to seeds planted in House of X and Powers of X arrives in mastermind writer Jonathan Hickman’s brand-new X-Men series: INFERNO!
- Promises were made and broken. The rulers of Krakoa have been playing a dangerous game with a dangerous woman, and they are about to see how badly that can burn them.
- Having been denied her wishes yet again, Mystique is ready to follow through on her promise to burn the nation of Krakoa to the ground.
- Mutantkind’s bright future is threatened like never before as Hickman brings his game-changing plans to a head.
- Fans can expect more revelations from the lives of Moira MacTaggert, Nimrod’s revenge, vicious power plays, and more in this pivotal chapter in X-Men history.
The creative team:
- Throughout this four-issue limited series, Hickman will be joined by an incredible lineup of artists beginning with acclaimed illustrator Valerio Schiti. Known for masterfully depicting large-scale action alongside intense human drama, the S.W.O.R.D. and Empyre artist is perfect for bringing this heartbreaking saga to life.
- In what is now an X-Men tradition, superstar artist Mark Brooks has delivered another stunning piece of teaser artwork for this latest X-Men milestone.
- An homage to his earlier House of X/Powers of X piece, it depicts all the major players of Krakoa as they brace themselves for their biggest shakeup yet.
- Head to your local comic shop in September when the biggest secrets of Jonathan Hickman’s X-Men run burn away in INFERNO #1.
What they’re saying:
- Writer Jonathan Hickman: "I’m very excited that we’re finally getting to share with everyone the follow-up to House of X/Powers of X. The story is 160 pages over four issues drawn exquisitely by Valerio Schiti, R.B. Silva and Stefano Caselli. I cannot wait for people to read it.”