Disney has partnered with famed photographer Misan Harriman for Mickey & Friends: The Power of Friendship, a virtual photo gallery to celebrate International Friendship Day, and you could be in it!
- Photographer, filmmaker, writer and cultural curator Misan Harriman has partnered with Disney on a new project called Mickey & Friends: The Power of Friendship in celebration of International Friendship Day.
- Harriman will capture celebrities and everyday people for a virtual exhibition that will launch later this summer, inspired by the friendship of the Sensational Six (Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Pluto and Goofy).
- Entries can be made through Friday, June 18th on What We Seee where participants submit their own powerful story of friendship for a chance to be chosen for a photo shoot by Misan, which could be physical or virtual.
- Mickey & Friends: The Power of Friendship also continues Disney’s partnership with the non-profit organization MediCinema to help comfort seriously ill children in hospitals, with Misan also seeking out stories of friendship among hospital and healthcare workers for the project.
What They’re Saying:
- Misan Harriman: “The past year, more so than ever, has demonstrated the unique power that friendship has to bring people from all walks of life together. Teaming up with Disney to tell stories of friendship is a total honour and true pleasure. I look forward to shining a light on the wonder that is human connection and supporting Disney’s commitment to celebrate everyday heroes and deliver Moments That Matter.”
- Tasia Filippatos, Senior Vice President, Consumer Products, Publishing and Games, The Walt Disney Company EMEA: “Misan Harriman is an expert in finding the humanity in every photograph he captures. His artistry and vision will bring a unique perspective to this project, which celebrates friendship and raises awareness for the charities we work with. Mickey & Friends have inspired some of history’s most iconic creators and we’re thrilled that Misan has agreed to join their ranks with this new project.”