- Fans of Pandora got to see a new piece of artwork from the upcoming Avatar sequels today courtesy of producer Jon Landau.
- The concept art was released to celebrate World Oceans Day and depicts an underwater scene where a Navi has dove into the ocean on the back of an ikran (mountain banshee).
- The first Avatar film didn’t explore the oceans of Pandora, but Guests who’ve visited Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom got a first look at the unobtanium-rich planet’s watery world aboard the Flight of Passage attraction.
- The artwork is attributed to production designer Dylan Cole.
- The watery world of Pandora presumably plays a key role in the upcoming films as part of the delay required advancements in motion capture technology so that sequences could be filmed underwater.
- The first Avatar sequel is scheduled to be released on December 16, 2022.