Pam Fryman, who previously directed How I Met Your Mother, is set to direct and executive produce the pilot episode of the Hulu Original Series produced by 20th Television, How I Met Your Father, and will be an executive producer on the series.
- Pam Fryman is a multi-camera force well-known for notably directing all but twelve episodes of the 9-season smash hit, How I Met Your Mother, and is now set to direct the pilot episode of How I Met Your Father and serve as an executive producer for the series.
- Pam got her start in the business as a high school intern on The Mike Douglas Show. When given the chance to work on a show in Los Angeles, she jumped at the opportunity and worked her way into game shows, soap operas, and eventually primetime sitcoms.
- Fryman has won numerous Daytime Emmy Awards and has been nominated for multiple DGA awards. Her resume includes seminal comedies of the past two decades including Frasier, Friends, King of Queens, Just Shoot Me, and Two and a Half Men. She most recently directed episodes of Carol’s Second Act, One Day at a Time, and Call Your Mother. In all, Pam Fryman has directed well over 500 episodes of television over the span of her amazing career.
- How I Met Your Father is a 10-episode comedy series that recently received a straight-to-series order from Hulu, produced by 20th Television.
- In the near future, Sophie (Hilary Duff) is telling her son the story of how she met his father: a story that catapults us back to the year 2021 where Sophie and her close-knit group of friends are in the midst of figuring out who they are, what they want out of life, and how to fall in love in the age of dating apps and limitless options.
What They’re Saying:
- Pam Fryman: “My only complaint about my time on HIMYM was that it came to an end – I’m so excited to be stepping back into this world I love so much with Carter and Craig. And I’ve been a fan of Isaac, Elizabeth and Hilary from afar – and am thrilled to now get a front row seat to their talent. I feel so lucky to be a part of this.”
- Isaac Aptaker & Elizabeth Berger: “We’d heard so many wonderful things about Pam Fryman over the years without ever crossing paths that we started to wonder if she was real. Turns out, not only is she real, she’s just as tremendously talented and kind as everyone says. We feel so lucky to have Pam onboard and can’t wait to bring How I Met Your Father to life together.”
- Carter Bays & Craig Thomas: “Pam Fryman is the kind of talent and human being you wish everyone could get a chance to work with — but then again, you also kinda want her all to yourself. Having Pam as part of this extension of the HIMY-verse, by way of Isaac and Elizabeth, is the perfect combination of both! We couldn't imagine embarking on this next chapter without her."