- Though Lucasfilm has not yet commented on the reports, it appears Robinson will write Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.
- Robinson previously co-wrote and co-directed The Invention of Lying with Ricky Gervais in 2009. Some of his other credits include Love and Monsters as well as the Edge of Tomorrow sequel, Live Die Repeat and Repeat and WB’s remake of Little Shop of Horrors, which are both currently in development.
- Jenkins’ involvement in the new film was announced back in December during Disney’s Investor Day presentation, but no writer was mentioned at the time.
- The Hollywood Reporter also shared that their sources say Robinson is currently working on a draft of the film and that the project is planned to go into pre-production this fall and shoot in 2022,
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron is currently slated to fly into theaters in December 2023.
About Star Wars: Rogue Squadron:
- Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins has been announced as the filmmaker helming a new theatrical movie from Lucasfilm entitled Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.
- In a video posted to Twitter, Patty Jenkins shared her history growing up admiring fighter pilots and why she believes Rogue Squadron is the perfect project for her to express that passion.
- The Rogue Squadron of starfighter pilots first appeared in The Empire Strikes Back, was the subject of a series of Star Wars novels in the 1990s, and has since been given a backstory in the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and the current Star Wars titles from Marvel Comics.