Haunted Mansion Holiday is set to return to Disneyland Park this Halloween and Christmas season, and today we got a look at the new gingerbread house that will be featured in the attraction celebrating the 20th anniversary of the seasonal experience.
- Last week, Disneyland Resort announced that they are bringing back the Halloween season (or is it Christmas?) with the 20th season of Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park running from Sept. 3 – October 31st.
- The seasonal layover of the attraction, now in its 20th year, is inspired by Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, celebrating the fun collision of both Halloween and Christmas.
- Every year, a new Gingerbread House is built and displayed in the attraction’s ballroom scene, centered on the table in the room. This year, as it’s the 20th anniversary, Disneyland is pulling out all the stops and has decided to pay homage to all the previous gingerbread houses see in the past with a single house.
- Seen in the art below, you can see this year's house, with the homages to each year labeled.
- 2001 – Monster House
- 2002 – Present House
- 2003 – Giant Oogie Boogie House
- 2004 – Zero’s Dog House
- 2005 – Giant Man-eating Wreath House
- 2006 – Monster-infested House
- 2007 – Jack-in-the Box House
- 2008 – Giant Gingerbread Coffin House
- 2009 – Scary-Go-Round House
- 2010 – Pop-Up Sandy Claws House
- 2011 – Mimic Monster House
- 2012 – Jack Skellington’s House
- 2013 – 13 Days of Christmas House
- 2014 – Gingerbread Zombie House
- 2015 – Gingerbread Card House
- 2016 – Stitched-Up-Patchwork House
- 2017 – Oogie Boogie Bug-infested House
- 2018 – Giant Gingerbread Spider House
- 2019 – Haunted Mansion 50 Years of Hauntings House
- 2021 – Gingerbread Franken-House
What They’re Saying:
- Tim Wollweber, Associate Art Director, Disney Parks: “We went back to the graveyard to dig up all of our ideas from the past 19 years. This year’s Franken-house stitches together favorite elements from the previous 19 houses!”
Fun Haunted Mansion Holiday Merchandise:
- As part of the tease of the new gingerbread house, new merchandise was also revealed commemorating 20 years of Haunted Mansion Holiday, arriving Sept. 27th at the Disneyland Resort, features new pins, t-shirts, and even a canteen by Corksicle celebrating the fun of the attraction over the last two decades.
- For those eager to get something in their hands soon, Now through July 18th guests can pick up a Jack Skellington sipper at French Market or Harbour Galley in Disneyland Park.