Disney Parks Blog has provided a first look at the 2018 Haunted Mansion Holiday gingerbread display at Disneyland Park.
- 2018 marks the 18th year for this spooky gingerbread display.
- It also marks the 25th anniversary of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, the film on which the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay is based.
- Associate art director for Disney Parks Tim Wollweber has worked on Haunted Mansion Holiday since 2001 and took the creative lead on this year’s gingerbread display again.
- Disneyland Central Bakery began baking gingerbread over a month ago to prepare for the creation of this display.
- The display consists of:
- 90 pounds gingerbread
- 30 pounds of confectioner’s sugar
- 10 pounds of white chocolate
- 45 pounds of fondant
- Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort begins today and the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay will stick around through January 2019.
- The Fall issue of D23 Magazine shared a look at concept art for this year’s gingerbread display:
The newest issue of @disneyd23 Magazine gives a sneak preview of what the 2018 Haunted Mansion Holiday gingerbread house will look like! If you are not a member, what are you waiting for? (📷 D23 Magazine) .
.#D23 #Disneyland #hauntedmansionholiday #membershiphasitsprivilege… pic.twitter.com/GBeFl2nHQo
— LaughingPlace.com (@laughing_place) August 23, 2018
What they’re saying:
- Tim Wollweber, associate art director for Disney Parks: “We wanted to create a monster movie vibe, and a scary spider is a classic and iconic Halloween image. With that in mind, we designed a giant 5-foot spider with eerie glowing eyes and moving legs and mandibles. This multicolor spider is suspended above the Haunted Mansion’s Grand Hall table, attempting to pry the edible mansion from its foundation, revealing candy cane rebar and sparking lights. General chaos ensues as gingerbread zombies watch in astonishment and cocoon-wrapped gingerbread zombies wait to become spider snacks.”
- Vampirina will make her Disneyland Resort debut for Halloween Time.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas-Live concert will perform for a special two-night engagement at the Hollywood Bowl this October.
- Disneyland Resort gave a look at some of the tasty treats guests can enjoy during Halloween Time this year.
- There are plenty of fun Halloween novelties to collect at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World this year.