The next Disney themed concert coming to the Hollywood Bowl won’t be featuring a Princess, but rather a Pumpkin King and some of his friends. Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Live concert will perform for a special three-night engagement at the Hollywood Bowl this October.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas–Live to Film concert will be held at the Hollywood Bowl:
- Friday, October 26 at 8:00 pm
- Saturday, October 27 at 8:00 pm (Sold Out)
- Sunday, October 28 at 7:30 pm
- Following the success of the concerts in 2015 and 2016, The Nightmare Before Christmas is returning once again to the Hollywood Bowl. And this year is extra special at it marks the 25th anniversary of the beloved film.
- The immersive experience will include live scenery projections, live orchestra, spectacular guest artists, and an all-star cast that includes:
- Danny Elfman as Jack Skellington
- Catherine O’Hara as Sally
- Ken Page as Oogie Boogie
- Tickets go on sale Saturday, September 8 at 10:00 am via all Ticketmaster outlets with a special American Express pre-sale starting September 5 at 10:00 am and ending September 7 at 10:00pm.
- Fans can purchase tickets by phone by calling (800) 745-3000 or online at https://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/90150/2541294.
- Halloween at the Bowl –Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas– In Concert to Film will transform this legendary venue into Halloween Town with special pre-show activities including an audience participation costume contest, unique photo opportunities and trick-or-treating stations. Tim Burton-inspired costumes are encouraged.
About the show:
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Live concert is produced by Laura Engel & Richard Kraft, Tim Fox & Alison Ahart Williams, and Live Nation/Andrew Hewitt & Bill Silva Presents, in association with Disney Concerts.
- Conductor John Mauceri, founding Director of the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, will once again be leading the full orchestra and choir performing the film’s classic score and cherished songs live to picture along with the all-star cast and special guest artists performing the film’s acclaimed songs.
- Through the magic of projection mapping, the award-winning creative studio Mousetrappe will return to create breathtaking living scenery projected onto the façade of the iconic Hollywood Bowl, making the event a constantly evolving extension of the film and music.
What they’re saying:
- Concert producers Richard Kraft and Laura Engel: “We’re so thrilled to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the film with an extraordinary concert experience mixing film, live music, singers, and fully immersive digital projections that can only be experienced live.”
- Earlier this year, Beauty and the Beast at the Bowl performed live in concert featuring Zooey Deschanel as Belle, Anthony Evans as Beast, Taye Diggs as Gaston, and Kelsey Grammer as Lumiere.
- In 2016 Rebel Wilson and Sara Bareilles, took the Bowl by storm as Ursula and Ariel during The Little Mermaid Live at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Numerous new concert packages and touring productions from Disney’s portfolio of studios, including Disney’s feature animation and live action studios, Pixar, Lucasfilm, and Marvel, are currently in development.