The EPCOT monorail line reopened today, once again taking guests from the Transportation and Ticket Center near Magic Kingdom to the experimental prototype community of tomorrow. We took a ride on the monorail today and got pictures of our experience.
- After closing back in March 2020, the EPCOT Monorail beam finally resumed operations starting today, July 18.
- EPCOT Monorail service will begin one hour before EPCOT park open and end one hour after EPCOT park close.
- A ride on the EPCOT monorail line now provides some interesting looks at the various ongoing construction projects around the park.
- We also got our first look at the new entrance fountain from the monorail. The fountain was revealed back in December, long after the monorail had closed.
- Finally, we got a look at the new sign at the EPCOT monorail station.
- With the return of EPCOT Monorail service, resorts on the monorail line will have direct bus service to EPCOT end on specific dates listed below.
- As a reminder, Guests are required to wear face coverings while on Disney transportation, including Disney buses, monorails, and Disney Skyliner.
Direct Bus Service Ending for Select Disney Resort Hotels
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – July 25
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – July 24*
- *Direct bus service for Guests will also be available July 26-29 due to resort refurbishment.
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – mid-August