- The 2nd season of Hulu’s Emmy-nominated comedy series The Great starts streaming Friday, November 19th.
- Along with the announcement, Hulu has released the first trailer for the new series, which finds Catherine finally claiming the throne from Peter.
- Gillian Anderson joins the cast this season as Catherine’s mother, who becomes another obstacle for Catherine.
- The Great is created, written and executive produced by Tony McNamara and executive produced by Marian Macgowan, Mark Winemaker, Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult, Echo Lake’s Brittany Kahan Ward, Doug Mankoff and Andrew Spaulding, Thruline’s Josh Kesselman and Ron West, and Matt Shakman.
- The project is produced by Civic Center Media in association with MRC Television.
About Season 2 of The Great:
- “In season two of The Great, Catherine finally takes the Russian throne for her own—but if she thought coup-ing her husband was difficult, it’s nothing compared to the realities of liberating a country that doesn’t want to be. She’ll battle her court, her team, even her own mother (played by guest star Gillian Anderson) in a bid to bring the Enlightenment to Russia. Meanwhile, she’ll also battle her heart as Peter slowly transitions from a much-hated husband to a prisoner? Ally? Lover? Ultimately, Catherine will learn that to change a country, you must let it change you, that there is a fine line between idealism and delusion, and that becoming “Great” will ask more of her than she could have imagined.”
Cast of The Great Season 2:
- Elle Fanning
- Nicholas Hoult
- Phoebe Fox
- Adam Godley
- Gwilym Lee
- Charity Wakefield
- Douglas Hodge
- Sacha Dhawan
- Bayo Gbadamosi
- Belinda Bromilow
- Gillian Anderson (Guest star)
Alex joined the Laughing Place team in 2014 and has been a lifelong Disney fan. His main beats for LP are Disney-branded movies, TV shows, books, music and toys. He recently became a member of the Television Critics Association (TCA).