On a Disney Cruise Line vacation, you want everyone to be able to have a great time, which is why we were happy to hear about the accessibility features done for the AquaMouse aboard the Disney Wish.
- The AquaMouse, the first-ever attraction at sea, will have accessibility features, allowing for greater access to the attraction when the Disney Wish sets sail in June of 2022.
- Accessibility features include an ADA load between unload and load, and the load station being located on the deck level for easier access.
- Described as a “family water attraction,” this new water slide sets itself apart from the AquaDuck on previous ships by incorporating show scenes, lighting and special effects.
- You can learn more about the AquaMouse and other exciting offerings aboard the Disney Wish in Jeremiah’s recap of the Walt Disney Imagineering Showcase.
More on the AquaMouse:
- Families will be immersed in The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse animated shorts, complete with show scenes, lighting and special effects, and splashtacular surprises. This first-of-its-kind water ride will send guests on a fun family adventure through 760 feet of winding tubes suspended high above the upper decks.
- As the story goes, Mickey and Minnie are starting their very own seaside excursion company — aptly named “Port Misadventures” — on board the Disney Wish, and adventuresome cruisers will join them on an undersea excursion to Mermaid Lagoon that will inevitably (and hilariously) go awry.
- The journey will begin when guests board two-seater ride vehicles and ascend into a magical tunnel that will teleport them into the cartoon world of “Scuba Scramble,” a new animated short that plays out through oversized virtual portholes. Along the way, you’ll encounter curious sea creatures, familiar Disney friends and more than 60 water effects that bring the subaquatic hijinks to life – all perfectly synched to an original musical score by Emmy-nominated composer Christopher Willis (The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse).
- At the height of the show, you’ll blast out of the tunnel and embark on a wild water ride around the upper decks. First, you’ll zip into the forward funnel through an enclosed tube surrounded by dazzling lighting effects, followed by a quick dash through a dark tunnel that opens up to reveal breathtaking views of the ocean.
- You’ll then jet up and down a series of speed blasters as they are propelled toward the grand finale: a soaring loop over the edge of the ship, with clear views down to the deep blue sea. With that, you’ll splash down for a sendoff message from Mickey and Minnie – another successful tour in the books!
- But that’s not all, learned during the WDI Showcase, there will actually be two stories, so Guests may also experience “Swiss Meltdown,” where Mickey and Minnie invite Guests on a mountain sledding excursion, but when the snow begins to melt, adventurers are off on a frantic dash to the mountaintop, avoiding obstacles like avalanches, leaky rock walls and waterfalls. “Swiss Meltdown” is inspired by the Mickey Mouse short “Yodelberg.”
The Disney Wish sets sail June 2022 with bookings available now.