This October, the festival award-winning documentary film, JACINTA will make its way to Hulu and select theatres. The film will join the streamer’s slate of Originals and will be eligible for consideration during awards season.
- Hulu has announced they will release the documentary film JACINTA in select theatres and on their streaming platform on October 8th.
- The film is a powerful and intimate documentary about a woman’s years-long struggle with addiction and her hope to reconnect with her daughter.
- JACINTA hails from director Jessica Earnshaw, ABC News, and Impact Partners and was recently shown at several festivals including:
- DOC NYC
- AFI Fest
- Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival
- During its festival run, JACINTA came home with awards for Best Documentary (Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival) and Best Feature (MountainFilm).
- With it’s October 8th premiere, the film will be eligible for awards consideration this season.
- “Shot over three years, the film begins at the Maine Correctional Center where Jacinta, 26, and her mother Rosemary, 46, are incarcerated together, both recovering from drug addiction. As a child, Jacinta became entangled in her mother's world of drugs and crime and has followed her in and out of the system since she was a teenager. This time, as Jacinta is released from prison, she hopes to maintain her sobriety and reconnect with her 10-year-old daughter, Caylynn, who lives with her paternal grandparents. Despite her desire to rebuild her life for her daughter, Jacinta continually struggles against the forces that first led to her addiction. With unparalleled access and a gripping vérité approach, director Jessica Earnshaw paints a deeply intimate portrait of mothers and daughters and the effects of trauma over generations.”
About the Director:
- Jessica Earnshaw is a documentary photographer & filmmaker whose work focuses on criminal justice, familial relationships and women.
- Her photography has appeared in National Geographic, The Marshall Project, Mother Jones, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and NPR.
- JACINTA is Jessica’s first feature film and in 2020, she won Tribeca Film Festival’s Albert Maysles New Documentary Director Award.
- Directed and produced by Jessica Earnshaw.
- Produced by Holly Meehl and Nimisha Mukerji.
- Executive Producers include Dan Cogan, Jenny Raskin, Geralyn White Dreyfous, Regina K. Scully, Patty Quillin and Jamie Wolf.
- JACINTA is an Endeavor Pictures Production in association with Lunamax Films and Shotglass Productions