ABC has a temporary plan in place for their beloved gameshow. Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings will continue to host Jeopardy! through the end of 2021, according to Deadline.
- Bialik is currently serving as the temporary host for the gameshow and was scheduled to tape three weeks of episodes.
- Now, she will be serving as the host for episodes airing September 20 through November 5.
- Beyond that, Bialik and Jennings will alternate hosting duties as their schedules allow through the end of the year.
- Jennings served as the first guest host to succeed Trebek after his death while Bialik also hosted earlier this year.
- The new season of Jeopardy! kicked off this week with five episodes hosted by Mike Richards, who taped the episodes before he stepped down as host.
- Richards was also removed from his roles as executive producer for both Jeopardy! and ABC’s other beloved gameshow, Wheel of Fortune, last month.
- “Jeopardy!, America’s Favorite Quiz Show is in its 38th season in syndication. With a weekly audience of over 20 million viewers, Jeopardy! is the top-rated quiz show on television, and has received numerous awards and honors.”