Former star of ABC’s Scandal, Bellamy Young, will be returning to the network alongside John Ortiz in Promised Land, a Latinx family drama.
- As Deadline reports, Promised Land promises to be an epic, generation-spanning drama about two Latinx families vying for wealth and power in California’s Sonoma Valley.
- The show will be written by Matt Lopez and directed by Michael Cuesta.
- Bellamy Young will portray Margaret Honeycroft, who is a hotel magnate and longtime nemesis of Ortiz’s character, vineyard owner Joe Sandoval.
- Young is best known for her role in Scandal, where she played President Mellie Grant.
- Other stars confirmed to appear are Christina Ochoa as Veronica Sandoval, Cecilia Suárez as Lettie Sandoval, Augusto Aguilera as Mateo, Mariel Molino as Camila Sandoval, Tonatiuh as Antonio Sandoval, Andres Velez as Carlos, Katya Martín as Juana and Rolando Chusan as Billy.