It’s been Agatha all along! Marvel may have wrapped up its only season of WandaVision but that doesn’t mean we’ve seen the last of the show’s villain. Marvel is developing a spinoff following Kathryn Hahn’s Agatha Harkness, according to Variety.
- Hahn will return to reprise her role as Agatha and star in the new series, which is planned for Disney Plus.
- The series is being described as a dark comedy but exact plot detail have not been shared at this time.
- Jas Schaeffer, the head writer of WandaVision, is attached to write and executive produce the new Agatha series.
- This would mark the first new project for Schaeffer with Marvel since she signed an overall deal with them and 20th Television and May.
- Neither Marvel, nor representatives for Hahn or Schaeffer have issued any comment on the new project.
- Agatha’s story was left open in the finale of WandaVision, when Wanda left the villain behind to live out a mind-controlled life in Westview.
- She instantly became one of Marvel’s most popular new characters, thanks in large part to the original song “Agatha All Along,” which went on to win an Emmy award for Best Original Music.
- As fo r the other characters of WandaVision, we’ll see Wanda again in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness while there is currently no set next appearance for Vision.