ABC’s George Stephanopoulos has established a new production unit for the news network named after him. George Stephanopoulos Productions will develop long-form content for ABC News and Disney’s other networks and streaming platforms with the first two programs slated to debut on Hulu this fall.
- ABC News has announced that George Stephanopoulos (Good Morning America, This Week with George Stephanopoulos) is launching a new production unit at ABC News called George Stephanopoulos Productions (GSP).
- ABC News President Kim Godwin shared the news and revealed that the new banner will produce nonfiction long-form projects such as interviews and investigations.
- Stephanopoulos has been part of the ABC News family for over two decades with his experience spanning breaking news, political coverage and interviews with some of the most important leaders of the day.
- GSP will present content across The Walt Disney Company’s linear network and streaming services including:
- National Geographic
- The first project will feature an exclusive interview with former MI6 spy Christopher Steele with Out of the Shadows: The Man Behind The Steele Dossier.
- Another project in the works is The Informant: Fear and Faith in the Heartland about extremist groups and a look at the takedown of a terrorist attack.
- Both programs will premiere this fall exclusively on Hulu.
About Out of the Shadows: The Man Behind The Steele Dossier:
- Stephanopoulos sits down with former MI6 spy Christopher Steele for a worldwide exclusive interview—his first interview since the publication of the—Steele dossier. The men discuss the infamous allegations of collusion between Russia and Donald Trump’s campaign and Steele answers tough questions about his credibility and the accuracy of claims described in the dossier. “
- Out of the Shadows: The Man Behind The Steele Dossier begins streaming Monday, October 18, only on Hulu.
About The Informant: Fear and Faith in the Heartland:
- “GSP gives viewers a never-before-seen look at the takedown of a terrorist attack that could have rivaled the death and destruction of the Oklahoma City bombing. This documentary features first-person accounts from the key players who risked their lives to stop the plot, including one man turned hero informant and the two FBI agents at the center of the case, as well as exclusive undercover videos, audio recordings and surveillance images.”
- The Informant: Fear and Faith in the Heartland begins streaming Monday, November 1, only on Hulu.
What They’re Saying:
- ABC News President Kim Godwin: “George’s straight-forward reporting and tough-but-fair interviews have been a staple of ABC News over the past two decades. I can’t wait to watch as he brings those talents to this new space, sharing this informative and riveting content with our viewers.”
- George Stephanopoulos: “There are so many important stories out there to be told…I’m excited about expanding into this arena with our stellar team at ABC News.”
- GSP Executive Producer Jennifer Joseph: “George is one of the sharpest minds and most trusted voices in news and I am thrilled to work with him to explore today’s most urgent, crucial and impactful stories as he broadens into the long-form space.”