- Country music star Luke Bryan will be hosting “The 55th Annual CMA Awards,” which will broadcast live from Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN on Wednesday November 10 at 8PM EST, on ABC.
- You’ll also be able to stream the festivities on Hulu.
- Bryan, a two-time CMA Entertainer of the Year, will make his CMA Awards hosting debut this year.
- Performers and presenters for “The 55th Annual CMA Awards” will soon be revealed on CMAawards.com.
What They’re Saying:
- Luke Bryan himself said: “The CMA Awards is one of the biggest nights of the year for Country Music. Being asked to host the CMA Awards was definitely something I put a lot of thought into before answering. The pressure that comes along with that can be overwhelming, but knowing I get to help honor and celebrate so many of my friends, I knew it was something I couldn’t turn down. I mean, growing up in Georgia, I remember watching Vince Gill, Reba, Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Rogers, Barbara Mandrell, to name a few. They were so good. And then becoming a part of this amazing Country Music family and sitting on the front row while Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood and Darius Rucker took the reins, all of these artists are heroes and friends, and I am honored to have my name included in this group. I’m looking forward to making it fun and memorable and using this platform to continue to make Country Music shine.”
- Sarah Trahern, CMA chief executive officer, said: “We are so thrilled to have Luke join us as this year’s CMA Awards host. His fun and playful energy is something television viewers have welcomed into their homes week after week as a judge on American Idol, and I know he has something exciting up his sleeve for the CMA Awards. We cannot wait to bring music fans a magical night of performances and truly some of the most special moments our show has ever delivered in just a few weeks.”
About the CMA Awards:
- The first “CMA Awards Banquet and Show” was held in 1967. The following year, the CMA Awards was broadcast for the first time – making it the longest running, annual music awards program on network television. The CMA Awards have aired on ABC since 2006. ABC is the network home of the CMA Awards and CMA’s other two television properties, “CMA Fest” and “CMA Country Christmas.”