Spotify and Walt Disney Records are celebrating another milestone in the success of the hit song from the Encanto soundtrack, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno,” now with over 100 million streams on the platform.
- Spotify and Walt Disney Records are celebrating over 100 million streams of the hit song, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” from the Walt Disney Animation Studios film, Encanto.
- This is just another milestone in the success of the song and soundtrack to Encanto, which recently hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- The soundtrack to Encanto previously first hit the #1 spot on the Billboard Top 200 on January 10th, 2022.
- Encanto, with all the music written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, debuted in theaters on November 19th, leading up to a Disney+ debut on Christmas Eve. According to Billboard, the Disney+ debut likely helped the album’s exposure in the last few weeks jumping from #110 to #7 after the streaming service premiere.
- The Encanto soundtrack is the first soundtrack to hit the number one spot since Frozen 2 back in 2019. It’s also a rare example of an album that didn’t debut at number 1, debuting at number 197 on the December 11th chart, then finding itself at #162, #179, #110, #7, and now #1 over the following weeks. It’s also only the third album to have a debut in the 197-200 range to reach #1, joining Led Zeppelin’s Led Zeppelin II, and The Monkees’ Headquarters.
- The soundtrack is also one of only 6 soundtracks from animated films to hit #1 since Billboard began publishing their top 200 weekly in 1956. The others were Frozen 2, Frozen, Pocahontas, and 1994’s The Lion King, all from Disney, with the 6th being the Jack Johnson created soundtrack from 2006’s Curious George from Imagine Entertainment/Universal.
- You can add to Spotify’s stream tally by listening to “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” here.
- You can also hear the song in context by watching Encanto, now streaming on Disney+.