Advance tickets went on sale yesterday for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which will be opening exclusively in theaters on May 6, and during its first 24 hours of presales, Fandango sold more tickets than for any other 2022 film so far in their first 24 hours of sales, including the previous leader, The Batman.
- Within hours of tickets being available, Fandango saw staggering numbers of fans reserving their seats, showtimes selling out and theater partners posting new showtimes to meet the fan demand.
- The first day presales for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness are Fandango’s biggest since Spider-Man: No Way Home tickets went on sale on November 29, 2021.
What they’re saying:
- Fandango Managing Editor Erik Davis: “The epic first day of presales for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness proves fans are beyond excited to experience all the thrills, chills and blockbuster surprises Marvel Studios is known to deliver.”
More on Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness:
- In Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, the MCU unlocks the Multiverse and pushes its boundaries further than ever before. Journey into the unknown with Doctor Strange, who, with the help of mystical allies both old and new, traverses the mind-bending and dangerous alternate realities of the Multiverse to confront a mysterious new adversary.
- Take a look at Mack’s breakdown of the first trailer and poster for the upcoming Marvel film, including all of the easter eggs and possible exciting characters set to be featured in the film.
- Hasbro has revealed a wave of Marvel Legends Series figures from the upcoming film, including a Rintrah Build-a-Figure.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness arrives in theaters May 6th, 2022.