Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland is currently closed for a year-long refurbishment to refresh the land in time for the opening of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. A new model for part of the revamped area was unveiled this evening at the Wonderful World of Dreams Disney Parks pavilion at the D23 Expo.
- Mickey's Toontown is currently undergoing an exciting transformation into a vibrant symphony of sights, sounds and sensations.
- This model features the reimagined Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard and Donald’s Duck Pond.
- Donald’s Duck Pond will feature some updated water features, bringing new life to this area of Mickey’s Toontown.
- Inside Goofy's house, Goofy has set up a candy-making contraption that only he could imagine.
- Concept art for the reimagined interior of Goofy’s House was also released.
- There will be a new outdoor area to explore behind both attractions.
- Information on what to expect from these updated experiences was also shared.
- It was also confirmed that Gadget’s Go-Coaster will be a part of the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown. However it seems it will be renamed to Chip ‘n Dale’s Gadget Coaster.
- The reimagining of Mickey’s Toontown will feature new play experiences, as well as open, grassy play spaces for everyone to unplug. Among the additions will be the all new CenTOONial Park and a nearby dreaming tree, inspired by the tree a young Walt Disney would daydream under in his hometown.
- Mickey’s Toontown closed on March 9th, 2022, and is set to reopen in early 2023, alongside the new Disneyland version of Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ newest attraction, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
- Stay tuned for more from the D23 Expo as our coverage continues all weekend long!
2022 D23 Expo coverage is presented by shopDisney