Disney’s Onyx Collective has announced that its first narrative feature film, Bruiser, will be released on Hulu on February 24th, following its theatrical release on December 2nd.
- In director Miles Warren’s searing feature debut about fathers, families and the effects of toxic masculinity, 14-year-old Darious (Jalyn Hall) explores the boundaries of his manhood through tumultuous interactions with Malcolm (Shamier Anderson), his strict but loving father, and Porter (Trevante Rhodes), a charismatic drifter. When Darious learns Porter’s true identity, he is thrust into a conflict between the two men that may rip his family apart and threaten his safety.
- The film stars Trevante Rhodes as Porter, Shamier Anderson as Malcolm, Shinelle Azoroh as Monica, and Jalyn Hall as Darious.
- Ryder Picture Company, Lyrical Media, Silent R Management and Toula67 Entertainment produce the film. Aaron Ryder, Jewerl Ross, Scott Frank, Scott Lumpkin and Trevante Rhodes serve as producers.
- Bruiser began as a short film, which premiered at the 2021 Sundance Film Festival, made its international debut at Toronto International Film Festival, and had its domestic premiere at AFI Film Festival.
- Bruiser will stream exclusively on Hulu in the U.S., Star+ in Latin America, and Disney+ in all other territories.