According to Variety, Nielsen’s 2022 streaming chart revealed what the most popular titles were last year, and there are a few that we would like to recognize.
- Nielsen’s 2022 streaming chart shared what the top 10 most streamed titles in 2022.
- Those with little ones are probably familiar with the children's show Bluey on Disney+, as this popular kids show made the list.
- The list also includes reruns of ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy.
- On the movie side, Encanto was the number one most streamed title of the year.
- This film has a much loved soundtrack featuring original songs composed by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- When Encanto premiered on Disney+ in December 2021 and all through 2022, it had 27.4 billion minutes of viewing, which is equivalent to being watched 269 million times.
- Encanto had more than double the watch time of the next most-viewed movies, which were Pixar’s Turning Red and Universal/Illumination’s Sing 2 on Netflix.
- If you're wondering what received the number one position on Nielsen’s 2022 streaming chart, it was Netflix’s blockbuster Stranger Things, which was the most streamed TV show and overall program in the U.S. last year.