In addition to the locker system coming to TRON Lightcycle / Run, we now also know guests will need to use either a virtual queue or Individual Lightning Lane in order to experience the new attraction.
- When TRON Lightcycle / Run opens at the Magic Kingdom, it will use a virtual queue, allowing guests the opportunity to experience the attraction later in the day and enjoy all that the Magic Kingdom has to offer while they wait to enter the Grid.
- A standby queue will not be available for the attraction.
- Stay tuned to disneyworld.com/virtualqueue for details about when and how guests will be able to request to join the virtual queue for TRON Lightcycle / Run.
- Alternatively, guests will have the option to purchase an Individual Lightning Lane arrival window, subject to availability.
- When the attraction opens, guests will climb aboard their very own Lightcycle and launch into the Grid for a race through a dark, computerized world. The story picks up following the events of TRON: Legacy, whose main character, Sam Flynn, is now opening new gateways into this digital realm at specific locations around the world. The first portal he created is at Shanghai Disneyland with the original TRON Lightcycle Power Run, and now Magic Kingdom guests will get their turn through this second gateway.
- When guests enter the attraction’s queue, they’ll be “digitized” and enter the Grid for a special Lightcycle race alongside family and friends. Everyone will all join Team Blue for a high-speed launch into a competition against Team Orange. The goal is to be the first to race through eight Energy Gates and secure victory. Will your team have what it takes?
- TRON Lightcycle / Run opens at the Magic Kingdom on April 4th, 2023.