Our first teaser trailer and two new posters have been released for Disney’s new Haunted Mansion movie, coming to theaters on July 28th, 2023.
- Look alive, foolish mortals! As promised, here is the brand-new teaser trailer for the Haunted Mansion:
- Disney has also shared a second poster for the movie, featuring some of the cast, including Danny DeVito, Tiffany Haddish, Rosario Dawson, Owen Wilson and LaKeith Stanfield
- It was also confirmed that Jared Leto will be portraying The Hatbox Ghost in the film.
- Director Justin Simien said: “As a lifelong fan of the Haunted Mansion attraction, I’m beyond excited to share the teaser trailer for our new film adaptation featuring an incredible cast. Our team has worked tirelessly to create a scary, funny and cinematic otherworldly adventure for both new and die-hard fans to enjoy! I can’t wait for audiences to experience this big screen version of the iconic Disney attraction.”
Previously – 3/1/2023:
- Walt Disney Studios has introduced a new poster for the highly-anticipated big screen adaptation of the iconic Disney Parks attraction, Haunted Mansion, while simultaneously teasing the release of a new teaser trailer for the film.
- The poster features the silhouette of someone looking down an endless hallway, similar to that of the namesake attraction, though this one turns in a vortex-like fashion. Perhaps all the answers can be found in the teaser.
- Justin Simien directs the movie, and stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Owen Wilson, Jared Leto, Winona Ryder, Danny DeVito, Rosario Dawson, Dan Levy, LaKeith Stanfield, and Tiffany Haddish.
- Inspired by the classic Disney parks attraction, the mysterious adventure follows a doctor (Dawson) and her 9-year-old son (Dillon), looking to start a new life, move into a strangely affordable mansion in New Orleans, only to discover that the place is much more than they bargained for. Desperate for help, they contact a priest (Wilson), who, in turn, enlists the aid of a widowed scientist-turned failed-paranormal expert (Stanfield), a French Quarter psychic (Haddish) and a crotchety historian (DeVito).
- The film marks the Disney company’s second attempt at a film based on the attraction after an earlier Disney feature in 2003 which made $75.8M domestic, $182.2M worldwide and was largely panned by critics and fans who were looking to a Pirates of the Caribbean–style flick.
- Haunted Mansion is due out in theaters on July 28th, 2023.