View Latest Updates (Last update: 4/18/18)
4/18/18: Added Limited Edition Merchandise Gallery
3/13/18: Added Tiffin Talks Dinner Dates
Conservation of the planet and animal habitats is an important part of Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s mission. While there’s nothing wrong with having fun in the sun, caring for the Earth is an important responsibility for humans. April 22 is a doubly special day for Disney’s Animal Kingdom as it celebrates it’s 20th Anniversary and Earth Day! Join in the fun as the park hosts a festive Party for the Planet from April 22 – May 5, 2018
Party for the Planet is open to all guests with valid theme park admission. Some experiences may require additional cost and/or tickets.
Time Left to Enjoy
The excitement of Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary and celebration of Earth Day promises to bring joy to all guests. As part of the fun for these special two weeks, Animal Kingdom will be hosting some incredible events debuting a new show and merchandise.
Rafiki’s Planet Watch
During the extended Party for the Planet, guests will be able to participate in special backstage experiences. These unique opportunities give guests the chance to talk with experts, learn about animal nutrition, and even visit the veterinary hospital.
UP! A Great Bird Adventure Premieres
On April 22 UP! A Great Bird Adventure will debut starring Senior Wilderness Explorer Russell and his furry companion, Dug. In this thrilling new show, guests will learn all about exotic birds and other winged creatures. Live, interactive, and free flying, this is a show guests will not want to miss.
No matter their age, all guests can be a part of preserving the planet. In fact, there’s even a program just for kids! Children can become Wilderness Explorers by completing special tasks throughout the park. Those participating in the Wilderness Explorer challenges during the Party for the Planet can earn a limited edition badge as well.
Throughout the celebration, guests can attend any of six Tiffins Talks. These themed dinners will be hosted by Tiffins restaurant will feature an animal expert as the guest speaker.
Tiffins Talks Dinners
- Sunday, April 22, 2018 – Dr. Joseph Soltis, a research scientist at the park, will speak about the “Elephants and Bees” project in which honeybees are helping people and elephants in Kenya. The menu will feature African cuisine.
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – Joe Rohde, a veteran Imagineer, will share tales from his adventures all over Asia, India, Nepal and China. The chefs of Tiffins will follow Joe’s journeys with a menu inspired by his travels.
- Friday, April 27, 2018 – Dr. Jason Fischer, one of the park’s Conservation Program Managers will speak about Disney’s efforts to conserve the purple martin, a remarkable migratory songbird that travels to Walt Disney World Resort from the Brazilian Amazon to raise a family each year. The menu will feature North American cuisine.
- Sunday, April 29, 2018 – Rachel Daneault, one of the park’s Zoological Managers, will talk about the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center (GRACE) project that Disney supports in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The menu will feature African cuisine.
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – Dr. Anne Savage, the park’s Conservation Director, will speak about the cotton-top tamarin conservation project Disney supports in Colombia. The menu will feature South American cuisine.
- Friday, May 4, 2018 – Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations, will chat about caring for the Sumatran tigers that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park home, as well as the conservation work Disney is doing to protect tigers in Asia. The menu will feature Asian cuisine.
Capturing memories as they are happening is a great way to relive adventures. As part of the Party for the Planet, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will have several life size frames around the park that are perfect for taking family/group photos. Another treat comes from Disney Imagineer, Joe Rohde with a special edition print designed for the two week celebration. Rohde will be available on April 22 from 1-4 p.m. to signing prints at Discovery Trading Company. Of course there will be plenty of Limited Edition merchandise, and a commemorative adventure guide for guests to take home.