Walt Disney World has announced new and expanded experiences for each of their four theme parks in 2019. Here is the rundown.
Magic Kingdom Park
- “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” (January 18 – ongoing): New street party will feature singing hosts singing modern remixes of favorite “Mickey Mouse Club” songs as well as other favorites. Characters will include Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Plyo, Max, Chip, and Dale
- New songs for entertainers on Main Street, U.S.A. (January 18 – September 30): The Dapper Dans, Casey’s Corner piano player, and others will perform special music moments to honor Mickey and Minnie
- Limited-time magical moments across the park (January 18 – September 30): Other to-be-announced limited time experiences will be popping up throughout the Magic Kingdom
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Celebrate the Incredibles at Pixar Place (January 18 – September 30): The former Pixar Place will transform into a block of Metroville where guests can meet Edna Mode and find clues to the whereabouts of Jack-Jack. At the end of the street will be a dance party with Mr. Incredibles, Mrs. Incredible, and Frozone
- Meet Mike and Sulley from Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. (January 18 – ongoing): Guests will once again be able to meet Mike and Sulley as they will be joining the Walt Disney Presents Attraction
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy (spring 2019 – ongoing): As was previously announced, guests will be able to enter the world of Cars with the new Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy experience on Sunset Boulevard.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” (January 18 – September 30): Rafiki and Timon will join world musicians for a special dance party on Discovery Island
- “The Lion King” three-dimensional photo opportunities (January 18 – September 30): Special backdrops will allow guests to recreate iconic moments from The Lion King.
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts (January 18 – February 25): The Festival of the Arts is returning for the 3rd year. This year, the Disney on Broadway concert series is expanding to 7 nights a week.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival (March 6 – June 3): The Flower & Garden Festival is also returning in the Spring. The Garden Rocks Concert Series will also be expanding to 7 days a week
- Summer Experiences: An announcement about summertime experiences at Epcot will be coming in the near future.
Read Related Articles