For many folks, a Valentine’s Day at the Happiest Place on Earth isn’t possible, so why not make your own fun? With your computer, smartphone, some groceries, and your imagination, you can recreate aspects of your favorite park right at home. This is a little out there, but you can make it your own. With hundreds of blogs and thousands of Disney park videos to choose from, you can essentially create a theme park experience without leaving your house! Sure this might be a little cheesy or even work better for a kids birthday party, but this night is what you make it, so have fun.
Create your own “Magic Kingdom”
What you need:
- A computer and access to YouTube
- A smartphone or tablet with Disney Parks Apps
- Disney themed snacks
- Ear hats and/or headbands
- String lights
What we suggest:
- If possible designate different rooms in your home as “lands” and put any theming in there you think fits such as souvenirs, stuffed animals, and posters.
- Stock up on “Disney” snacks such as:
- Soft pretzels
- Mickey ice cream bars
- Hang up string lights to create Main Street U.S.A.
- Don your favorite Disney hat or Mouse ear headband.
- Choose your favorite attractions to “ride” via YouTube ride through videos.
- Stream Disney playlists through the Disney Parks App or Apple Music.
- Watch your favorite parade and/or nighttime spectacular.
- Make it super cheesy:
- Check attraction wait times here or on the Disney parks apps
- Create your own Fastpasses for your favorite attractions
- Wear your MagicBands
- Enjoy “character dining” with stuffed animals or Disney figures.
- Decorate with balloons
- Visit shopDisney to purchase Valentine’s Day gifts or souvenirs from your magical “trip”
- Plan it for real. If a Disney parks trip is in your near future, why not take this time to plan it together? Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or fun filled family trip, our friends at Mouse Fan Travel can help you arrange the perfect vacation.