We are just over two months away from the highly-anticipated arrival of Disney+ and we will be counting down the days to launch by showing off one feature of the new streaming service every day. Whether it’s original content, classic films or anything else Disney+ will offer, we’ll have it covered.
And speaking of classic films, film critic and historian Leonard Maltin stopped by the D23 Expo last month to discuss some of his favorite films that will be coming to the streaming service.
- Maltin, and his daughter Jessie, skimmed through the massive library of films coming to Disney+, touching on some of his favorite animated and live-action films.
- Some of the films Maltin highlighted during this presentation included:
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- The Reluctant Dragon
- The Story of Robin Hood
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Darby O’Gill and the Little People
- Mary Poppins
- Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier
- Of course, all of these classic films will be available along with more modern hit movies from Marvel, Lucasfilm Pixar and and Walt Disney Studios.
- The long list of movies will also be joined by television series like The Simpsons, shorts featuring some of your favorite animated characters like Chip ‘n’ Dale, original content including a slate of Marvel and Star Wars series like The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and The Mandalorian, documentaries from National Geographic and much, much more.
- To see more of the exciting content coming to Disney+, check out our guide for the upcoming streaming service.
Be sure to follow along with our “Countdown to Disney+” series as we continue to break down everything the streaming service will offer right up until it launches on November 12.