It’s Disneyland’s 65th birthday and Disney+ is celebrating with A Pre-Opening Report from Disneyland which aired just days before the happiest place on earth welcomed the first Guests beyond the berm. We’re celebrating as well in our Library Highlights section with a list of programs on Disney+ that include Disneyland and films that will have you feeling like you’re there. Walt Disney World fans won’t feel left out with the classic 1977 Wonderful World of Disney episode The Mouseketeers at Walt Disney World. Whatever you choose to stream this week, we hope it’s magical.
It’s a Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer – “Snake Search Dogs & Hawaiian Conservation Dogs”
“In Hawaii, Bill meets two dogs protecting birds. Then, he visits three snake-sniffing dogs.”
One Day at Disney Shorts – “Mike Davie: Imagineering Project Manager”
Disney Family Sundays – “Moana Tomato Photo Holder”
New on Disney+
Airing on July 13th, 1955, this episode of Disneyland offered viewers a peek inside Walt Disney’s first theme park just a few days before the grand opening, paired with a tribute to the one and only Mickey Mouse.
The 1970’s revival of The Mickey Mouse Club visits the Walt Disney World Resort back when it was just 1 park, 4 resorts, and 1 water park in this hour-long The Wonderful World of Disney special with a catchy song about the extinct River Country.
The X-Men must stop the most powerful mutant of all time in the ninth film in the series.
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid quadrilogy is now complete on Disney+ with the addition of the fourth and final film.
Help your kids get to sleep with these adorable flash animation lullaby shorts starring their favorite Disney Junior characters.
Half of Disney’s first Jetix original animated series arrives on Disney+.
This National Geographic documentary takes viewers high in the Peruvian Andes to a historic lost city of doorways and passages.
A 3-episode National Geographic exploration into the wildlife of Chile including penguins, frogs, and the region’s exclusive shy pudu.
70th Anniversary – Treasure Island
Walt Disney’s first fully live-action feature film was produced in England with lockdown profits made in Europe during World War II. Released July 19th, 1950.
Celebrate 65 Years of Disneyland
Put on your mouse ears and celebrate with Disneyland on film on Disney+!
Feel like you're in Walt Disney’s magic kingdom with these movies and shows that evoke the feeling of each land.
- Main Street U.S.A.
- New Orleans Square
- Critter Country
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Mickey’s Toontown
Christmas in July
Enjoy the spirit of the season this summer with the following holiday films and specials on Disney+.
- 12 Dates of Christmas
- Arendelle Castle Yule Log
- Babes in Toyland
- Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
- The Christmas Star
- Decorating Disney: Holiday Magic
- Disney Fairy Tale Weddings: Holiday Magic
- Disneyland Around the Seasons
- Good Luck Charlie: It’s Christmas
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas
- Life-Size 2
- Miracle on 34th Street
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
- Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas
- The Mistle Tones: A Musical
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
- One Magic Christmas
- Pluto’s Christmas Tree
- Richie Rich’s Christmas Wish
- The Santa Clause
- The Santa Clause 2
- The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
- Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups
- Santa’s Workshop
- The Small One
- Three Days
- ‘Twas the Night
- The Ultimate Christmas Present
- While You Were Sleeping
This Week’s Holidays
Every day’s a holiday and you can celebrate all of them on Disney+!
- Friday, July 17th – Disneyland’s Birthday – A Pre-Opening Report from Disneyland
- Saturday, July 18th – Perfect Family Day – Boy Meets World
- Sunday, July 19th – New Friends Day – Forky Asks a Question: What is a Friend?
- Monday, July 20th – Moon Day – Apollo: Missions to the Moon
- Tuesday, July 21st – Invite an Alien to Live With You Day – Stepsister from Planet Weird
- Wednesday, July 22nd – Lion’s Share Day – The Lion King (2019)
- Thursday, July 23rd – Hot Dog Day – Mickey Mouse: “New York Weenie”
Alex has been blogging about Disney films since 2009 after a lifetime of fandom. He joined the Laughing Place team in 2014 and covers films across all of Disney’s brands, including Star Wars, Marvel, and Fox, in addition to books, music, toys, consumer products, and food. You can hear his voice as a member of the Laughing Place Podcast and his face can be seen on Laughing Place’s YouTube channel where he unboxes stuff.