- ABC is bringing the 50th anniversary celebration of “The most magical place on Earth” into living rooms on Friday, October 1st at 8:00 pm ET with a special television event.
- The Most Magical Story on Earth: 50 Years of Walt Disney World is a 2-hour special hosted by Disney Legend Whoopi Goldberg, who also serves as moderator on ABC’s The View.
- The special will focus on the resort’s past, present and future.
- Former Disney CEO’s Michael Eisner and Bob Iger will join current CEO Bob Chapek to share their favorite memories of the resort.
- Another segment will focus on TV shows that have filmed episodes at the parks, with Anthony Anderson, John Stamos, Marsai Martin, Melissa Joan Hart, Candace Cameron Bure and Gary Sinise looking back on their memories at the parks.
- Kevin Feige, Pete Docter and James Cameron will all talk about how their creative visions were transformed into places Guests can visit at Walt Disney World.
- Walt Disney World Imagineers Bob Weis, Mark Kohl and Ann Morrow Johnson will add insight into what it’s like to create the magic.
- The pop culture phenomenon phrase “I’m going to Disney World” is also part of the special with NFL athletes Tom Brady, Phil Simms and Doug Williams sharing their big game celebrations.
- There will also be performances by Halle Bailey, who plays Ariel in the live-action The Little Mermaid, and Disney Legend Christina Aguilera accompanied by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Heartwarming moments from the resort’s 40-year partnership with Make-A-Wish foundation will be another highlight.
- The special is a co-production between ABC News, ABC Entertainment and Disney Parks Global Content.
- The Most Magical Story on Earth: 50 Years of Walt Disney World will be available to stream on Hulu starting October 2nd and will come to Disney+ later in October.
- The news was revealed by ABC ahead of their TCA Summer Press Tour presentation.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning